• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Club Legal Structure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shade3126

Reaction score
The main reason I fly a Cub is for the simplicity of it, and feeling like I can turn back the clock to the good old days of aviation. It is sad that the one thing that I can not turn back the clock on is Americans love affair with lawsuits. I have been renting a Cub and that comes with a lot of restrictions on what can be done with the plane. I have found a share of a partnership for sale that would cut my flying costs and allow me more places to go with the plane.

The aircraft is owned as a partnership with 10 owners, rather than as a corporation. I would have jumped at the chance to join in this group if it were structured as a corporation. It is my feeling that the corporation would give additional layer of protection for the partners from the lawyers should an accident occur.

I have asked about this with a few of the partners and they do not perceive it as a threat and not worth the work of restructuring. Any thoughts about the risks/benefits of a partnership vs. a not for profit corporation?

Sorry for the mundane and doomsday nature of my first post, but protecting my family and assets is always a great concern- In the future I will stick to my "There I was....." fun flying stories.

Latest posts

Back