• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

C90 EX valve advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a3holerman

Reaction score
HI,
I bought a C90-8 last Fall that was "Majored". I have all the logbooks since day one and it has a total time of 832hrs. The problem was that it was majored by an experimental engine rebuilder not an A+P. I talked with my A/I and he said we could tear it down and send the parts off and rebuild it legally. All the steel is back and the case is also back from Divco. The jugs all measured up to be well within limits. The problem is that the exhaust valves are part number 3921-TP. I can only find one reference to it in the Parts/Overhaul manual. I called "Fresno Airparts" and they said it was a 80 octaine valve. My A/I is away for a week and I would like to get some thoughts on this. Is it mandatory or highly recommended I replace this with a 100 Octane valve or is it OK to use this one.
Thanks for any thoughts on this in advance

Tom
Cape Cod

Latest posts

Back