• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Bugs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuck2shaw

Reaction score
Its official, Spring is here in the Shenandoah Valley. After a couple hours of just wandering west over the ridges this afternoon; checking the pear tree blossoms at Toms Brook (not quite bright white yet); and down along the North Fork of the Shenandoah River to Woodstock and a t&g at Danny's Woodstock Muni; and back to 3,300' to cross the ridges to go back SE to Luray Caverns Airport on the South Fork, to entertain the tourists who fly in there to see the caverns; and a pass by my friend's a-building log house to document his progress; and straight back up to Front Royal, crossing the river switch backs about 7 times, there were BUGS, nice black BUGS dotting the leading edges of 818 when I put her in the hangar. A couple minutes with wet paper towels and they were gone - I always clean them off while fresh.

But the amount of black dots always seems to be related to how good a low and slow flight was!

What a beautiful day, and what a fine life we have, where we can fly with such freedom, high enough to not see the trash along the roads as a friend of mine used to say, but low enough to watch kids play with their dogs, the only indication of the passing of time being the wire getting shorter that sticks out of the gas cap. Good thing, too, or I would probably have missed supper!

I hope that many of you had a great Spring day today also, or will tomorrow!
Sunday will be play with grandson day for me, and I'm taking him some J3 Cub pictures.
Chuck

6406PearTrees700.jpg

6409DogLegAtWoodstock.jpg

5420CartmillLuray3_29_08.jpg

6388Benjamin700p.jpg

6406PearTrees700.jpg

6388Benjamin700p.jpg

6406PearTrees700.jpg