• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Black Helicopters and Coyotes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob turner

Reaction score
Last trip around the pattern today was shared with both of the above. I could be looking straight at the black helicopter, and not see him until he flew over the lighter dried grass at the end of the runway. I hate black helicopters.

Black and dark gray seem to be the most popular colors for small choppers. I almost bagged one at the end of July. Didn't see him. He apparently did not see me either - maybe yellow and red isn't so visible as well? Maybe I hate all helicopters.

I was sure we had killed all the coyotes - but today a pup appeared between the runways. My reaction is "hooray"- snakes and rabbits have some competition. Tower and other pilots - not so much. A little mini- panic ensued.

So, question: Anybody ever hear of a collision between a coyote and an airplane? We used to have lots of them, but I have never heard of a problem. They used to sit on the side of the runway and laugh while I trained taildraggers.

I wonder if they now count as incursions?

Latest posts

Back