• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

A Great Cub Weekend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fourshipp

Reaction score
Saturday my wife and I got back from a bike ride about a half hour before sunset. I pulled the Cub out, and took off to the east to check out a friend’s lake where I plan to duck hunt next year. It was dry last season and I wanted to see if our recent rains had helped. It looked great. On the way to the farm I flew a few minutes with the neighbor in his powered parachute. On the way back to our place I climbed to 3K and destroyed a roll of TP like I never had before – nothing but one to two foot shreds left behind. I did a low pass over the neighbor as he was packing up his parachute and then home and on the ground right at sunset. It was a great ending to a great day.

Sunday we had a large group of friends from church over for a cookout. About 5 pm we pulled out the Cub and started giving rides. By sunset we had flown nine kids and six adults, of which only two had ever been in a small plane before. It was a perfect evening with five knots of wind and 75-80 degrees. It is always a treat to see the adults not wanting anything to do with the stick, while the six to ten year olds will wear it out!

We have only had the Cub for two months and this was our first chance to really enjoy it for what it is: the perfect warm evening, sunset watching, TP cutting, ride giving joy of an airplane!

Latest posts

Back