• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

1947 j3 forsale

bcguide

Reaction score
1947 J3 • WIFE SAYS SELL IT! • Cont. 85hp, 1102-SMOH, new stits on wings and tail in 2002, metal spars & prop, wing tanks • Contact Scott Kyllo, Owner - located Hudsons Hope, BC Canada • Telephone: 250-783-9172
$40,000 Can obo

merlinspop

Reaction score
That's over a MILLION Rubles (yeah, I play with my iPhone too much).

So, um... just as an aside, what hassles are involved in importing a plane back into the States, anyway.

Bruce

Original 1

Reaction score
so, um... just as an aside, what hassles are involved in importing a plane back into the States, anyway.

Not sure if the USA still requires a Certificate of Export, but you will need a current Canadian 100 hour or annual inspection. When you get the aircraft to the USA you will need to apply for an Airworthiness Certificate and US registration. (N numbers). GUP Pretty simple, ay?

Jackson

Reaction score
If the Cub was previously registered in the US, or left the US with a Export C of A, all you need to do is re-register it with FAA AC Registry. You will need an Annual type inspection within 30 days from the date on the Application. Call a FAA DAR who will come out and conform the J3 to its Type Design and issue the AW Certificate. Any changes that were accomplished since it left Piper must have been accomplished with FAA Approved Data.
Jackson

Original 1

Reaction score
Now, importing an aircraft from Turkey is another matter. GUP

merlinspop

Reaction score
If the Cub was previously registered in the US, or left the US with a Export C of A, all you need to do is re-register it with FAA AC Registry. You will need an Annual type inspection within 30 days from the date on the Application. Call a FAA DAR who will come out and conform the J3 to its Type Design and issue the AW Certificate. Any changes that were accomplished since it left Piper must have been accomplished with FAA Approved Data.
Jackson
Thanks... I'm still in learn mode. Got some promised purchases to make (including a 10th anniversary ring I promised 10 years ago. She can't remember what I tell her over breakfast, but this she remembered... go figure). But as soon as I get a green light, I want to be ready so that I'm all the way across before the light changes again. ;-)

NickTx

Reaction score
Merlinspop, I think the Canadian equivalent of the FAA (forget the name, sorry) are more strict and detail-oriented than the FAA. This is just my opinion here, but I often found Canadian aircraft to be in better shape than US aircraft when in the marketplace. Just stay away from their float planes...they love to fly floats up there.

Original 1

Reaction score
This is just my opinion here, but I often found Canadian aircraft to be in better shape than US aircraft when in the marketplace. Just stay away from their float planes..

If what you say is true why would their float planes be any different? GUP

WWhunter

Reaction score
Another thing to check is that it has not been in "Owner Maintaince".
WW

Latest posts