• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Wing Tip Leading Edge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwbjr

Bill Batson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys

I'm finally assembling the left wing for my J2 project and have reached the point of leading edge installation. I've made the main leading edge pieces which turned out fairly nice with a good fit but now need to make or buy the short piece that transitions from the main leading edge to the tip bow.

The old ones are trash and I need to obtain some new ones - I can use J3 pieces as there is little difference. Does anyone have a tip on making these parts or are they available at a reasonable price from some source. Univair has them but they are quite expensive. Unfortunately I do not have access to an English wheel or planishing hammer not that I could do any good if I did. Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

A few years ago Wag sold fiberglass pieces that actually worked nice but they no longer have them.

Thanks for any help
Bill :)

Latest posts

Back