• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Totally bummed... airworthy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCPackard

Lifetime Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So after not flying for 16 months, finally got my bird back in annual and was going to go flying this week. :)

Went to wash plane today after getting her back from annual and when I do walk around in hangar, I find right elevator trailing edged creased. :( I was not one who moved plane back to hangar after annual, so not sure when damaged occurred or how, which is not the issue.

Just wanted to get thoughts on whether based on pictures is she is still airworthy? Very slight crease with corresponding ripples in fabric.

If not airworthy, any ideas how much repairs would cost and possible names of folks in San Diego who do good tube and fabric work?

Thanks,

Randy

IMG_1046.jpg

IMG_1047.jpg

IMG_1048.jpg

IMG_1049.jpg

IMG_1046.jpg

IMG_1047.jpg

IMG_1048.jpg

IMG_1049.jpg

IMG_1046.jpg

IMG_1047.jpg