• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

To sell or not to sell

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speeddemon651

Reaction score
My C-85 stroker build is underway and I've been debating weather or not to sell my A-65.

Data plate wise it matches my L-4's original piper build sheet.
- I have the logs on it since Sept/19/1971
- TTSN: 1408.3
- SMOH: 678 (last overhaul June/17/1983)
- STOH: 258 (4 new Continental chrome cylinders)
- Since New Slick Mags: 256.8 (Installed Jan/22/1999)

I'll bag and crate the engine and park it in the hangar and no future plans for it. Other than keeping it just to say "I have my L-4's original engine", I'll have no future purpose for it after the upgrade.

Do you think I should keep it for posterity or should I cut it loose for someone else to enjoy and fly behind. The engine currently is complete and runs perfect.

My L-4 will get passed down someday so I'm not worried about keeping the engine to sell along with it.

Should I keep it or sell it ?

Latest posts

Back