• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Sumping

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Cub2Fly

While observing the fuel sumping procedure performed by several pilots this year I observed a lack of understanding as to the correct way to sump the fuel system. I was taught early on (many moons ago) that fuel sumping always began with the fuel tanks, progressing towards the engine and ended by sumping the gascolator. On at least three occasions the sumping began with the gascolator and concluded with the fuel tanks. One reason given was to allow the water, if present, to "settle" in the tanks after refueling. The reason for beginning the procedure at the fuel tanks is obvious (or should be). Is the correct procedure not being taught by some instructors? Hopefully the few that I observed doing the sumping procedure incorrectly was only an aberration. Gary

Latest posts

Back