• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Some period L-bird photos...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pete51577

Reaction score
So over the past couple of days I have been organizing and filing away some of the vintage aircraft photos I've gotten my hands on over the past many months. (It sort of happens that way...the pile builds up and then you sort and file, etc etc....and then things build up again..) My main focus is on aircraft of the 1920s-1940s, usually from the region of NY where I am located, but one of the sub-groups that I'm always keeping an eye out for is obviously L-4 photos. Anyway, here are a couple to start off with that I put my hands on over the past few months. No real info on either photo. The wrecked L-4 is obviously very early war and the other seems to be a bit later judging from the national markings, and probably stateside (?). Anyhow, enjoy.
Maybe we can get this thead going as a place for miscellaneous L-4 (and maybe an occasional other L-bird!) photos from World War 2???

image.jpg

Latest posts

Back