• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

solo vs pax

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

couleeone

Reaction score
from the thread on cub acrobatics I quote Denton:

My Cub (N2182M) is a 1946 J-3 65, with an STC'ed C-90 on it. I love it, the C-90 is the best engine by far for the Cub, I have flown several 65 Cub's, and they are fine, with full fuel, and a passenger, at fairly low altitudes, but not for mountains.

I am flying in a cub with a C-90 also, but always with the instructor as I have not soled yet. I am told to expect a suprise in preformance when I do fly solo. Is solo flight that much different?

I have been looking for a cub with a 90 but realisticly how well would a 65 work with a pax? and according to Denton in the above quote mountain flying would not be appropiate for a 65. Would that be true when solo or just with a pax?

Did they ever make a 65 with a starter? (bad shoulder)

Geo

Latest posts

Back