• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Sensenich Propeller Inspection Options

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speeddemon651

Reaction score
I recently acquired a Sensenich 76AK-2-42 prop that was painted and balance checked by Sensenich Propeller Services (N. Windham CT) in December 2011.

I bought prop still in the plastic and untouched from the last Sensenich service with a green tag and no 8130 or logs. It measures full length, looks perfect and shows almost no sign of typical wear and tear.

My question is, what's the easiest/cheapest way to have it inspected and returned to use? Can a local A&P condition inspect it and we return it to service or do I have to send it out for inspection and possible overhaul and get an 8130? (certified cub)

I contacted Sensenich in CT to confirm there wasn't an 8130 issued in Dec 2011 at it's last paint and balance check and got a copy of the invoice with a grand total of 150.00 (paint & balance) + 20.00 (fuel surcharge).

I also contacted Sensenich Propeller Service in Lancaster PA because they are in driving distance and was given a quote of $500.00 to balance check and re-paint the propeller (3 times the cost of the same work performed in Dec 2011). $850.00 for a full overhaul.

IMG_1910.jpg
IMG_1913.jpg
IMG_1915.jpg
IMG_1912.jpg
IMG_1914.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back