• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

question aboput "Grasshopper" unit patch

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SIGGY

Reaction score
I have seen several vesrions of a patch, I believe started out in WW2 and went up thru Korea and possibly into recent era use, the patch of a cartoon Grasshopper wearing a top hat , landing on the ground with small puffs of dirt/smoke behind feet , I am trying to run down the background history of this design.
I have seen one with just the grasshopper, another with a tab above/below disc with titles sayingInstructor-2nd AAFLTD-Pittsburg Kan., and another with the title Ft.Sill,Ok., then another yet with Mt.Fuji behind the grasshopper.

I was "told" by one person that the 82nd Airborne Div in WW2 used the design and had Lbirds w/#57 on them , any and all info about the emblems start, background of uses/bases etc greatly appreciated !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One other note, on a leather painted patch the artist signed it, name was
Hugo Hartley, would also appreciate anything about him as to when/where etc !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny
WeBeEmblems(at)aol.com

Latest posts

Back