• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Planning continues for a Cub

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jetcat

Reaction score
I have considered a Wag Aero kit of the Super Sportsman kit. This is a note from the website.....
SUPER SPORT OPTION
This model uses our basic Sport Trainer dimensions with a structurally improved fuselage, closed cowl, and accommodates Lycoming engines up to 150 hp. A float plane dream with performance "par excellence

My question is it worth it? It seems a good way for me to get a huge head start at an economic price. I have a 65HP engine available, but would love to go with a 0-200 and flaps ending up with somewhat of a SuperCub. We will be moving soon and I am considering getting the kit along with the house. I have a TIG machine,lathe ,and Bridgeport #3 mill. I think this type of kit would fit me just fine. This would allow me to get past a lot of STC's on struts and questionable engine/airframe damages that go undocumented on a used airframe. Not to mention the "surprises" you find in a recovering. Anyone have comments ? Suggestions? I am a couple of months away from a concrete decision. So I thought someone here would guide/suggest an option. Thanks in advance....Mike

Latest posts

Back