• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Oil on plugs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyboy461jd

Reaction score
Went flying this weekend and upon doing my preflight run up I got a 300 rpm drop on the left mag. I figured it was plus due to not flying for several weeks. I flew for an hour with no problems and before shut down did another mag check with still around 300 rpm drop. Pulled the left mag plugs (all bottom plugs) and two had oil on them. Cleaned them all and reinstalled. Did another mag check and had about a 75 rpm drop. Is a little bit of oil normal after several weeks of sitting? The engine is an A65 with about 930 hrs. I plan to do a compression check this weekend to put my mind at rest.

Latest posts

Back