• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

L-4 start and end serial number's..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speeddemon651

Reaction score
Gentlemen,

I've been looking at getting into a L-4 or possibly a Taylorcraft L-2M and have run into a lot of trouble when trying to differentiate J-3's converted into L-4's and visa-verse. If I'm going to invest in would I would love to find a strict list of serial numbers matching L-4 production.

I would love to own a L-4 and have been looking for a A&P special or one in need of some love and I think having Start and End L-4 serial numbers would really help when looking at aircraft with little or no documentation.

(For EX: does anyone know what Serial #'s the L-4J's started and stopped with ?)

My first choice is a L-4 but if I can find one at a decent price, I was going to look at L-2's because they tend to sell at half the price of L-2's. I dug around in some searches here and reached out to Clyde Smith, Jr. @ www.cubdoctor.com
but have not heard anything back from him yet.

Thanks in advance for any advice !

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back