• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Just flew a carbon cub

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

windypoint

Reaction score
Since I sold the Legend I have missed the Cub. The new plane has it's purpose but there is nothing like the Cub in Alaska. Consequently, on the trip down from Alaska to Arizona, I stopped at Cub Crafters. I was very impressed with how healthy the company seems to be and the quality and technology they use. After comparing the differences in the Top Cub which is type certified, and the new improvements with the carbon Cub, I had to fly it. I was truly amazed at the performance. Now I think I have to build one.

The factory pilot that I flew with didn't weigh much, but I push 200 plus. With half fuel on a close to standard day, we took off in less than 100 feet and climbed at over 1500 fpm. Slow flight steep turns were very solid at 40 MPH. I didn't want to push it beyond that. I think the vg's they have installed really add to slow speed positive feel.
The additional door area makes me feel like I can fly in a Cub for many more years. The Legend made me feel like an old man getting into it. The panel is very ergonomic and pushed several inches forward which improves the leg room for my 74 inch frame. I also liked the easily removable rear seat for hauling.

I think I must be crazy to want one, help.

Latest posts

Back