• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Jerry's 7535

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renkou1

Reaction score
Reached 15 hours of break-in time on C 90. Friend I sold Jerry's prop to hasn't picked it up ... so... I took off the Mac 7144 and put Jerry's prop on for one flight. Takeoff was not appreciably shorter mostly due to my monitoring the RPMs closer so technique suffered. With 7144 I normally see about 2425... think that is somewhere around 80 hp. Saw redline with Jerry's prop. About 95 hp. When I pushed over to level flight the throttle had to come right back to stay under redline. Not sure I had the throttle all the way against the stop on TO. Climb out; unbelieveable. I do not remember Super Cubs going up this steep.
Took 2250 rpm to cruise at same speed as 7144 cruises at 2000 rpm. Going on an O-200 so the higher rpm is appropriate.
Going on a seaplane. Transition onto the step is going to be quick.

Latest posts

Back