• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

J-3 Rudder Needed

F

fly_cubs

Anyone have a rudder for a J-3 in good condition that they'd like to sell? Mine is in pretty bad shape and I figured I would check around before I give Rosie at Univair a call...... :eek:

longwinglover

Reaction score
Tim,

I think I have a couple of rudders that I might part with. None are perfect - each need some minor repair (that's why I'm not using them). If your interested...

I'm at SJ right now and it will be next week before I can look at them and tell you exactly what I've got.

Amazing how bad shape your Cub was under that "OK" cover, isn't it? That's why Cubs were cheap to own - nobody went to the expense of making things right during re-builds in the last 50 years! They just dd enough to "get by".

John Scott

F

fly_cubs

John- Thanks for the offer. The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards just getting a new one. Yeah, going to cost a few bucks more, but once you factor in any time I'll have to spend either repairing mine or another, it really is worth it.

When my dad and I decided to dive head first into the restoration, we made the decision that if any part on the airplane wasn't going to last another 68 years, it was going to get replaced. Not cheap, but it is time to give this airplane the treament it deserved. There were alot of ok quality parts on the airplane, but everything was just getting really worn out. We are preserving a very important part of history here.....

JimC

Supporting Member
Reaction score
John, I'd be interested in one or both of those rudders. I'm going to be off-list till Sunday night, but you can reach me at Nine-O-One 268-9304
JimC

Steve_NC42558

Reaction score
In the for sale section of Cub Clues #146. Has a listing for rudders in MI.. Number is 231-263-2588, no price listed.

Latest posts