• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Hangar size planning, any advice to share?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acro2pilot

Reaction score
I am considering building a hangar, well assembling a pre-fab hangar, and am trying to gauge the size. The balance of course is in not overbuying or pricing myself out of the market by going too big, and the other end of the spectrum which would be buying too small for what I need. I currently have two planes and will end up with three. They are, rounded to the nearest foot:

J3 35' span 22' length
ASII 22' span 19' length
DR1 24' span 18' length

I am thinking of a 40' wide by 54' long pre-fab at the moment, I figure the ASII and DR1 parked in a staggered manner should be about 30ft total length, then the J3 being 22', 54' length should give plenty of fudge factor. I imagine more aggressive stacking could get it under 50' length needed. There may be huge price breaks between any given lengths, and it may very well be practical and desirable to jump to 60ft for very little extra, but I need a safe starting point to work from. The annoying thing is that every one of these steel building companies works from sales contact quotes rather than just publishing a straightforward chart of what each size costs and what the options are so I could just compare a 40x50 Vs a 40x60 etc.

Latest posts

Back