• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Gross Weight for Wag Aero Sport Trainer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ov1guy

Reaction score
Greetings.
I own a plans built Wag Aero Sport Trainer. The builder states in the log that he constructed this aircraft as per plans. He placarded this aircraft as having a 1220# Gross Weight and I assume the original application for Airworthiness Certificate stated 1220#. The original Wt & Balance (that I have) does not state any gross weight. A newer Wt & Balance done just last year states the gross as 1320#. I have discussed with the local FAA that I want to create a major change, record it in the logbook, fly the 5 hours of testing, and then have the 1320# gross weight that I desire. The FAA want some information to substantiate this change. He wants something that shows the design is safe at the 1320# Gross weight. I have seen Sport Trainers for sale on Barnes that have 1320# and even 1500# gross weights. I would like to ask if any of you out there with a Sport Trainer that was certified with a 1320 or 1500# gross weight might be willing to send me copies of your paperwork?
Thank you,
Bob Heckendorn
[email protected]
360 391 3089

Latest posts

Back