• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Gas tank.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob turner

Reaction score
I got my first Wag aluminum tank in 1976. Made the mistake of sloshing it, and replaced it in 2002 with another new Wag tank. Neither one of these tanks ever cracked or leaked.

Took a Univair tank to the welders last week - small crack around the outlet. Estimate $35. They said they found so many cracks the bill is up to $135. This is the second time this relatively new tank has been welded.

This is a reputable outfit - they took my old sloshed tank, cleaned it out, and added metal to places that were rubbed by the cage, painted it, and charged me $75. Nobody else would even touch the slosh, let alone weld on a gas tank.

Moral of the story? I dunno - Wag mostly makes stuff that doesn't fit real well, but their gas tanks must be made of better metal. The part that shows looks more like the originals, with proper size rolled stiffeners.

Latest posts

Back