• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

fuselage

mkrier

Reaction score
does somebody know were there is a nice straight '46' fuselage for sale. Marc

cubrath

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Univair!! ;) They were around 13K last time I checked.

MR

DanaL

Reaction score
Are you missing a fuselage or do you simply have on that is not pristine? New Life restorations.

mkrier

Reaction score
i have a 40 fuselage that has a gross wt of 1170 and i would like go to 1220 gross wt . and the way i read it is to go to 1220 gross wt with this fuselage i will have to change the gear leg fittings. marc

DanaL

Reaction score
What part of the country are you in? On the east coast New Life Restorations advertises on Barnstormers for cub welding. I would think that changing the gear fittings if that is all that is required would be less money than another fuselage. Just a thought. Dana LaBounty Sumter SC

JimC

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm with Dana.

huston marlowe

Reaction score
Not sure you even need to change the fittings..maybe just open them up for AN6 bolts and buy a new cabane Vee and Bungee struts. Follow the Piper upgrade instructions..I'm sure Cub Club has them.

JimC

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don't forget the bushings

mkrier

Reaction score
has any body seen a fuselage from the guy that is advertsing on barnstormer's?

turbofan

Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Not sure you even need to change the fittings..maybe just open them up for AN6 bolts and buy a new cabane Vee and Bungee struts."

I would not suggest doing the above and opening up the present fittings....you have no idea if they will be strong enough....its not legal and youre possibly doing yourself a huge disservice.....piper made those fittings the size they are for a reason....this is where [email protected]'s need to get involved...if people start changing the structural components of these aircraft, then they should no longer hold their "certified" status

Sorry Hudson to ding you....youve posted quite a lot of good things here and even helped me...but this is just not sound advice....

regards Tom

Latest posts