• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

FLYING IN IDAHO

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveinfl

Reaction score
First off; my compliments to the Wedmaster. Nice site for a NEWBIE to J-3's such as myself.

I've owned a few airplanes over the last 26 years in the air. Although not a professional pilot, Ive fllown my share of high performance; get there at 8K; in and above the soup, you name it.... (I still own an older Bonanza, too)

Last summer, I took Jack Brown's weekend Water course in a 85 hp J-3 in Winter Haven (FL). Like alot of us, I'd forgotten what made flyin fun. And I'm now hooked on the little airplane that began it all. So much so, that I recently purchased N92113 (a 1946 100hp J-3C) in Coeur D Alene, Idaho. The idea may seem a little crazed to some; but I decided to leave the bird there for a year or so; see some of ID over the next year or year and half and then fly her back at least part of the way back to Florida. Don't worry; I plan to take to some mountain flying courses out there also (I have flown out West before in other birds; although not low and slow).

I flew out to KCOE three weeks ago and took delivery of the bird. I hired a local instructor and we flew the local area and up to Sandpoint (Lake Pend Oreille area). What a BLAST for a flatlander.

If interested; I keep you posted as I leap into this little adventure.

In meanwhile, any hints of places to see; places to NOT go; and just useful advice will be welcomed.

I may need a partner pilot for parts of the flight back (late next summer). Any of you who might be interested; let me know. But don't count on being in a rush!

Dave

Latest posts

Back