• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Federal Skis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello:
First snowfall of the season today. I have been looking around for some skis for the plane and might have found a set. I was hoping that someone might be able to look over the skis and comment. The skis are model A-1500, and both skis have the same serial number. I am told that someone has put a L and an R on the skis to tell left from right, but I am not sure if there is another way to make sure you don't get two of the same kind of ski. The guy sent me a few pictures. In one picture, it looks like one ski is shorter than the other, but it is an optical illusion due to how they are standing. Also if anyone knows by looking at the pictures if there will be more money to sink into the skis to get them up to scratch after purchase, that would be helpful in determining the total cost of fitting my plane with skis.

Oh one last thing...it looks like the skis come with inserts which are 1.5", then there is an insert for the insert which will reduce the hole down to 1.25" which is the axle size for a cub I believe.

One more last thing...I have Grove brakes if that makes any difference.

Any additional information or comments would be helpful.
Peace

image[10].jpeg

image[1].jpeg

image[2].jpeg

image[4].jpeg

image[14].jpeg

image[15].jpeg

image[6].jpeg

image[7].jpeg

image[8].jpeg

Latest posts

Back