• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Engine Preheating..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brightbob

Reaction score
The topic of Preheating engines has been discussed before but to add a comment or two, here is what I have done with good results. I installed a Wicks "Oil Sump Heater-non thermo. Part # SH2755G page 325 of their catalog. Price was $74.60 Unit designed for the C-65-0200 Unit is FAA approved and is 110 Watts/120 volts. Item is held in place by adhesive so don't forget to sand off any paint and remove any oil residue. Recently started to wrap the cowling in "moving blankets" that I had used when in Alaska and found this really helps keep the top 8-10 degrees warmer than hanger temp. This heater comes in a 500 watt model also but I'm quit happy with the smaller unit. Using a laser non-contact thermometer, I measured 117 deg. surface temp on the heater. It is actually hot to the touch of the hand. Bob

Latest posts

Back