• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Drag wires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Papa

Reaction score
Papa Charlie Here: I have built wings from WagAero parts, and I'm ready to cover them. The wings are aligned to my satisfaction. However, I have not found any information or talked with anyone who seems to be able to tell me how much tension to put on drag wires or how to judge tension. I've had very much experience building bicycle wheels, tuning and truing them. although there are exceptions, spokes (drag wires on the J3) seem to all "pluck" with a sound that has reasonably close pitch. Building good wheels is much a matter of "feel", I'm wondering if the same approach should be use on drag wires. In my EAA chapter, some of the older "Geezers" talk about tuning them to "G". ( What octave?)..Does anyone have first hand advise.. Papa Charlie, Stone Mountain GA

Latest posts

Back