• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Drag Wire Replacement, Covered Wing w/ Wood Spar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TYRONOUS

Reaction score
Just going through my annual and found a broken drag wire in my L wing. Third bay from the wing root at the front, sheered off at the thread. The cross wires at the rear spar also in the 3rd bay are also very loose. The outermost drag wires in the wing are taught and normal. Anybody know of a procedure for replacing drag wires in a covered wing with wood spars? I saw there was an article in Cub Clues from 2007 and have requested a copy. Looking for any insight possible to avoid a complete re-cover.

Thanks!
Tyson

Latest posts

Back