• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

Cubpanion Pilot Tool For Sale

kpk250

Reaction score
Attention all Piper J-3 Cub owners! Tired of unlatching your seatbelt to access the controls? The Cubpanion multipurpose tool is your answer. The Cubpanion allows the solo rear seat pilot the ability to pull and push the carb heat knob, turn the altimeter setting knob, and turn the trim handle. The Cubpanion can even be used as a dipstick to check the fuel level. Take the hassle and pain out of flying the American classic. Once you've tried the Cubpanion, you'll wonder how you lived without it. The Cubpanion is a rugged tool. The head and handle are beautifully machined from 6061 T6 aluminum, and the shaft is a 6061 T6 tube. An optional overhead mounting kit is available for an additional $25.00 (see picture showing the Cubpanion stored conveniently overhead on the diagonal brace). Direct questions to [email protected].

Ebay ad:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...tem=180177186867&_trksid=p3984.cSELL.m315.lVI

Ebay Item Number: 180177186867

j3cub

Former Owner and Admin
Reaction score
Ah, Capitalism ;D

Build a better mousetrap and the world will beat a path to your door..

In this matter, I would be happy to just use the good old finger.

Funny though

Will

Chris

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Why all the gadgets? I use my foot to operate the carb heat.
Sit back relax and push or pull the carb heat knob with the ridge of your shoe.
Regards
Chris

Stearmann4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I too recommend the foot method...as long as you're not wearing hiking boots. I can see it now...trying to aim my new fangled carb heat activation system like a drunken sailor at a carnival game, flying with my left hand, head down in the pattern, weaving all over the sky. All for just $25!

Mike-

chuck2shaw

Reaction score
I use my paint stick tool to crank the trim and push off the carb heat so that I can leave the shoulder harness tight; use small piece of line tied to handle and seat frame to apply carb heat. Unfortunately no inertia reel. With inertia reel, I wouldn't need the stick to crank or do carb heat. However, my shoes won't fit in the offset to shut off carb heat.

By the way, the tool advertised here costs $89.99 plus $12.00 shipping. The $25.00 is for the overhead mounting kit.
My Lowe's paint stick cost about 25 cents. It is a real heavy duty paint stick. It won't work to turn on cabin heat, but will work to shut it off.
Chuck Shaw

5841CubTrimExtension.jpg

5843CubTrimCrankTool.jpg

5841CubTrimExtension.jpg

5843CubTrimCrankTool.jpg

eyebrowguy

Reaction score

Two very enthusiastic thumbs up for the paint stick!! Put a small cub sticker over the Lowe's logo and batta bing you've got a $100 product too! ;D

j3cub

Former Owner and Admin
Reaction score
Chuck, email me your address and I will send you a J3-cub.com logo sticker for the "CubStick 2000"

Will

Latest posts