• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Cub Tach Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texascubguy

Reaction score
Hello All,
I have a '46 with a C-90-12F, Starter but no generator, When I got the plane it was loaded up to the point of insanity with instruments, radios, etc, including an electric tach. I have removed that stuff, and am going back to the original instruments. In shopping for tachs, I have seen the original SW tachs in CW and CCW versions. How do I tell what I need? Poking my finger into the tach drive hole in the engine accessory case and slowly rotating the prop tells me the drive is spinning in the same direction as the prop, which would seem to indicate I need CW rotation tach. Is this correct or is there something else to consider? Also, do 90 degree adapters reverse the direction? Thanks, Jim

Latest posts

Back