• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Copper Gasket for Oil Screen

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jhettish

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi guys and any girls interested in parts,= (unlikely?),

I've been pulling out whatever is left of my hair trying to figure out which Copper Gasket should be used when changing oil in my C-85 engine. I've only getting enough flight time in my partial-owned J3C-65 (now C-85 by STC) where I need to change oil, i. e. 25 hours. A CFI friend of mine gave me a new copper gasket and I used it when I made my first oil change but never knew the part number or anything else that might help me when I needed to replace it the next time. The second oil change after procuring my copper gasket gift it had been crushed as normal but all I could do at that point was to reuse it. Now I'm up against oil change 3 and I think I've got figured out but I may not be correct.. I measured an old gasket and saw the inner diameter was around 1.75" but wasn't satisfied and I wasn't going to remove my oil screen to grab my caliper and measure it and watch oil pour out of my crank case. With a lot of searching I've come up with a copper ring with the part number MS3579-48. Can anyone let me know if I've got it right this time. The gift from my CFI was in a bag of several copper gaskets and one of them fit my oil screen. I've been looking up parts this morning using the old drawings taken from PDF book copies that will not do "searching" since those old books are photo copies.

Attachments

• Oil filter Cub.JPG
    Oil filter Cub.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Cub Copper Washers.jpg
    Cub Copper Washers.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back