• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Continental Airbox questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NC58374

Flying is a miracle.
Reaction score
I mounted my Stromberg carburetor on my engine the other day and was getting ready to put my airbox on that I painted last year and I noticed that some things were wrong. I am not sure how many different airbox types there are out there but I am sure that there are more than a few.

The Continental A65/A75 manual calls out P/N A50495 as being useable on the A65. It calls out P/N A50256 as being useable on the A75. What is the difference between the airbox for the A65 and A75? If there isn't a difference (Which I suspect there actually is) then why are there two different part numbers and they are each only useable on one or the other? I want to have the correct A75 airbox. I am going for accuracy.

Next question, Is the Piper Cub airbox any different than the L4A airbox? Is the Cub airbox the same one called out in the Continental manual?

I need help to identify what type I have. It is missing the downspout, it doesn't have the holes for the support bracket drilled in it, and the holes where it mounts to the threaded studs on the Stromberg have AN hardware in them with no apparent means of removing them.

Help please.

DSCF1936.jpg

DSCF1937.jpg

DSCF1939.jpg

Back