• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

C90 and O200 Performance Charts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimC

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I've cropped Figures 16 & 17 from the Continental Operations and Service Manual PDF (the C90 & O-200 sea level and altitude performance charts), imported them into AutoCad, and brought them to scale. One thing about AutoCad, it quickly shows you where the scaling problems were in the original charts. As soon as I've finished correcting for those scanning errors and have reconstructed the charts (which is kind of tedious), I'll extract the pertinent numbers, do least squares regressions on polynomial fits for the various curves, and put them into Excel. All of this will be invisible to the user of the final Excel spreadsheet.

What the spreadsheet will allow you to do, is

Input the observed rpm, manifold pressure, outside air temperature, and pressure altitude,
and then it will

Output the density altitude, engine horsepower and torque for both the C90 and the O200 for those conditions and also for a specified airport altitude.

Among other things, it will provide an easy way to compare the performance differences between the C90 and O200 for the same operating conditions. May have it compute and print out the hourly fuel burns as well.

Puff, puff..... :)

JimC

Latest posts

Back