• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Aluminum spar wings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hames57

Reaction score
It would seem from information given me that my '46, serial number 20890 would have left the factory with aluminum spars. Of course, as with the rest of my donor airplane, that is not the case with the donor wings, nothing about my donor airplane matched the data plate, or the log books. So, other than Univair or Dakota wings, does anyone out there have a pair of aluminum spar wings they are willing to part with. I'm looking at a 10 grand expense to put on the new U or D wings. I'd like to spend half of that if possible...or even less would be great. I suspect this is kind of like asking if someone has a nice, or even run out C85 or 90 laying around they don't want. (That would be nice too, but I've experienced only mocking when I've asked about an 85 or 90 laying about before!!)

If there is someone who has such wings or a lead on such wings, let me know off line at my e-mail. [email protected]

Latest posts

Back