• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

A7 mag switch installation

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YellowFeverAL

Reaction score
Greetings all,

I am about to change from two toggle switches to an A7 and want to be certain of the wiring. Below are photos of the back and front of the toggle switches.

There are two wires that are connected to the lower posts and each has a little piece of red tape. The tape appears to be for id’ing the wires. The writing is old but you can sorta make out, if you squint just right, the word, “Right” on one of them so I presume the ink smear on the other one probably reads “Left.” Sound reasonable?

The unmarked wire, one of the three wrapped wires leading in from somewhere forward, I presume would be the ground wire? Being there is a jumper (the short white wire) connecting one toggle switch pole to the other one seems to confirm that.

So, does all this ring true? And, if so, the task is to connect the R and L wires (P-leads) to the appropriate poles on the A7 and the ground wire to the A7 ground pole, without jumper, correct?

Many thanks in advance for help and insight!

9F494E59-407F-4CCF-B369-F346E640F013.jpeg
598CD551-5549-4488-99E0-7637ED5F850E.jpeg

Latest posts

Back