• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

A Public Apology To You All

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Johnson

Reaction score
Hi everybody.

The recent "wheel-skimming" thread got a little out of hand from the standpoint of tone. Although nobody has asked me to do so, allow me to publicly and sincerely apologize for allowing my posts to degenerate to where the original topic was obscured by the argument - that was not my intent.

My intent was to speak out against something that I view as being unsafe and illegal. I thought I made the posts as self-deprecating as possible as I went. I never threw in any information about my background (And still won't) because I believe my position has plenty of substance without me trying to embellish it with my qualifications to speak on aviation safety and human factors.

This board is an amazing resource and collection of intellect and talent. My goal, beyond learning from ALL of you, is to try to leave this forum a better place than I found it through my participation. Although my initial posts on the thread met that threshold, the latter did not and for that again, I'm sorry.

Aviation Safety has been a strong thread in my professional career, with that experience I have some very deeply held opinions about certain subjects. In a perfect world, I should be able to dance around the issue slowly and attempt to share my viewpoint in a manner that doesn't turn the receiver off and brings the fence sitter or fellow student of aviation around to a safer point of view.

What can I say? We humans are imperfect creatures. I am always grateful for the opportunity to participate and very happy when I get to learn something in the process. Like today!

So - thanks to all of you for the opportunity to learn!

-Dan

PS - I apologized for my tone, not the message. What occured on the video was rogue pilot behavior - patently unsafe and grounds for enforcement action. The death toll in GA isn't going to improve until we start to change our culture and level of comfort with such behavior.

Latest posts

Back