• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

1946 j-3C65 Cub Aircraft Canada

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joew

Reaction score
Hello all,

First time poster. Recently licensed and about to start a restoration on a 1946 J3C65 manufactured under license in Hamilton Ontario, Canada.
The question I had was if anyone had any info on Cub Aircraft Canada regarding type certification. Does this aircraft being Mfg. under licence from piper fall under the same type certificate (A691) and fall under the specifics of the j3c65 guidelines regarding regarding installed equipment, w & b etc.? I assume it does, as it has a valid flight authority in Canada. I would like to upgrade from the A75 it currently has and go with a C85 or C90 with no electrics as the data sheet states is approved with wood spars. (anyone looking for a A75?)

Any info, suggestions or advice on the restoration would be appreciated.

Thanks, JoeW

Latest posts

Back