• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

1938 J3 baggage door

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grumman41

Reaction score
I did some research and ordered the aluminum baggage door lid from the Cub doctor. I understand its fairly close to original for this year Cub. I intend to remove the oak deck, door and replace with the aluminum. It was shipped with two side supports but no hinge or directions.

I did read the write up from Clyde on the install just unsure about a few issues.

My questions....what type of hinge or pins where used originally? How can I support the storage bag in a way that can quickly be removed for inspections-maintenance quickly?

Thanks, Kevin

Attachments

• IMG_2477.JPG
    IMG_2477.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_2480.JPG
    IMG_2480.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_2483.JPG
    IMG_2483.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_2479.JPG