• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

12V Batteries and Plugs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sasquatch

Reaction score
So for a while now I have been dealing with a crappy connection between my Garmin Aera 500 12V plug and the dual socket I have wired to the small 7AH battery. It always seems to need twisted in the socket to get power and there seems to be no way to open it to clean contacts inside it. The socket seems to work fine.

I was thinking of snipping off the cigarrette plug and instead going with something like this:http://www.etrailer.com/Wiring/Spectro/9651P.html
You could always crimp the plug to another 2 pin connector and be right back to the regular lighter plug if you were switching planes or vehicles.

Seems like a stouter and less bulky connection. I would like to wire radio, intercom and GPS this way.

Just thought I'd see if anyone else had thoughts on better connectors.

Latest posts

Back