• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

What to do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n22831

Reaction score
Ok, I know I posted before about our cub, and she is officially mine now. I was fully planning on leaving her where she is and getting her annual done and whatever else was needed to become flight-worthy again, HOWEVER, it looks like I'm being transferred for work :'( ... so now I'm stuck trying to figure out what to do with my cub.

She sat for 12 years without being fired up, and I'm wondering if it would be safe to pull her out, drain the gas, change the oil, put fresh gas in and fire her up and taxi her around a little bit to see how the engine is. IF it's fine, then attempt to fly her the 400 miles it is to my new duty location and then get the annual done there.

OR

If I should remove the wings and trailer her via highway there. The only problem with this is that I don't have a vehicle I can do this with- I have access to a trailer, but nothing to pull it with. I know this is definitely the safer option, but I'd also have to bring the trailer back, and that'd be an extra expense also.

Can I get some opinions from some people with experience & knowledge on this subject? Since my Dad passed, I don't really have anyone I can turn to or ask, and I haven't been able to find anyone whom is knowledgeable on cubs.

Latest posts

Back