• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

RIP Amanda

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cubdriver2

Reaction score
Found this on the SW site, very sad, rest in peace Amanda.

Amanda Franklin
Those of us who follow the airshow circuit, are fully aware of the tragic accident that involved Kyle and Amanda Franklin about 10 weeks ago. While I never have had the pleasure to meet Kyle, I was lucky enough to know Jim (his father), meeting him when he first joined the airshow circuit years ago.
For those who may not be aware, Amanda sustained severe injuries in the accident. Kyle was also injured, with the majority of his injuries coming while trying to rescue Amanda. Unfortunately, Amanda has lost her battle, and passed away yesterday.
I have posted the following from the Franklin's Flying Circus Facebook page:

Amanda 5-27-11 Day 76
by Franklin's Flying Circus on Friday, May 27, 2011 at 10:59pm
It is with a broken heart that I tell you that my beautiful girl Amanda passed away at 10:10 central time this evening. Beside her was her adoring husband Kyle, her mother Jeanie, her brother Matt, her sister-in-law Michelle and her devoted mother-in-law Audean.

Thank you all again for your love,

Goodnight and God bless Amanda,

Kyle

The following video was posted by Kyle and Matt in tribute to a loving wife and sister.

Amanda Younkin Franklin