• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

OT Spezio, Good News, Flys Good

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J5man

Reaction score
I'll start a new thread....

Good news. It looks like maybe The Tu-holer will be inspected and if OK, flown next week is the weather holds. As I told you in the previous thread, I had to obtain a new registration with builder/manufacturer change. The MIDO sent the request on Sept. 6 and nothing is happening in Ok City. I called my DAR this morning to see if he might have a contact in the Reg. Branch and he said: I was just going to call you. He got a memo from the MIDO saying to go ahead with the issue of the AWC. Make believe we have the new reg. saying it WILL come but may take awhile. Also stating that the present reg. is valid so go ahead. So I spent the day taking more pictures and getting paperwork in order. The DAR wants copies of everything, EVERYTHING, so that he only has to come once. He assumes that the aircraft is OK, if not, that's MY problem. I've basically done an annual inspection. Taxi tests are complete. BTW, download AC 90-89 or take a look at it. 90 pages on the 40 hours of test flying your homebuilt. Pretty good stuff from inspection, fuel flow, static test, engine run, taxi, first flight thru spin(if needed) and flutter testing.
Pretty sobering....Indeed, a plane my DAR inspected killed it's owner this week on it's 7th flight?. Crashed into a home on take off, veered off runway. An Arion Lighting. They think maybe heart attack?

I'm going to get the paper together and then take a deep breath, call Bill Pancake(EAA flight advisor) and take things one at a time. :)Maybe get first 10 hours before it gets too cold..... :-\ :'(

Jack ;D

Latest posts

Back