• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

New soon to be Cub owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello cub club !

I’d like to start by thanking everyone in advance for creating this community and having such a great resource available for new members.

My wife and I are looking to purchase a 1946 j3 cub down in Florida . We did a (pre)pre-buy last Friday and the plane looked to be in very good condition with complete logs . It’ll be flown to my mechanics shop this week, but I’d like to pull from the forums expertise for some specifics to look out for .
The engine has less the 200 hours on it with a fresh top overall (it sat for a few years after OH, recent owner did the TOH about 9 months ago) and it currently is flying . Paint looked a little faded but fabric didn’t show any signs of wear (hangar kept). All data plates are intact and match the logs , no visible corrosion on the frame, jackscrew greased and in good condition.
Interior was clean and relatively new with basic but well done instrument panel

Asking 27k but thinking 25k for cash transaction . Thoughts ?

Attachments

• IMG_8456.jpeg
    IMG_8456.jpeg
    403 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back