• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

your opinions please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sar47

Reaction score
What are your thoughts/ opinions on this?
I am looking at buying a cub. The seller is a fellow that has had this at his airstrip for the past 40 years and has done his own maintenance. The last logbook entry was in the early '80 when it was recovered. It has since had a 85hp continental installed but no logbooks showing it. I understand the C-85 is on the type certificate.
How big of a mess will I be getting into regarding getting the logbooks up to date. The last logbook still show the 65 engine and no mention of any compliance with any AD's since then. There is no mention of the time on the aircraft since the last logbook entry.
The aircraft looks good. (but what do I know). Without the logbooks, will the engine need to be majored?
This is a pretty open question but would like to get your thoughts. Can a mechanic bring this up to date on an annual or will it be more involved than that? What questions do I need to ask before proceeding?
thanks.

Latest posts

Back