• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Yellow Parade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuck2shaw

Reaction score
So my young Instructor friend Ryan couldn't go play today because he and his wife just bought their first house, in Front Royal close to Randolph-Macon Academy where they work. I decided to go to Warrenton-Fauquier Airport just to have someplace to fly. Nothing going on there.

Then as I was sitting in the run-up area at the end of the runway looking at my chart to see where to go next, I sensed another aircraft in the run-up area. Which usually means you hear a noise which isn't you.

Here is what pulled up along side me.
DSC_2051.jpg

Then he taxied out, and this guy comes along.
DSC_2054.jpg

Yellow Parade, Step Out!
DSC_2056.jpg

DSC_2057.jpg

As you can imagine, they left me in the dust. A few minutes later I saw one of them diving out of the sky, and starting a loop at the Bealton Flying Circus, Bealton, VA. I did a nice wing-over in self defense, and flew on back with a big grin as usual!

Latest posts

Back