• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Wooden Cub Plans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Dickinson

Supporting Member
Reaction score
One way or another I am going to get a J3. Since my family company does small time timber harvesting, I am inclined to build a wooden fuselage model like the Light Miniature Aircraft (LMA) ones. No mater how hard I try, I cannot find a set or get of plans or in touch with the designers. Does anyone out there have or know how to find a set? I have Piper Plans, Wag Aero plans and some modified ones from other Super Cub builders. I am starting on the wings using the Cubby Plans. I would also like to know what the difference in the LMA Cub and Super Cub Plans were.

On another note, as I remember, the original Cub spars were 7/8" Spruce, the Cubby Plans, circa 1975, use 3/4" Spruce, now they are using 3/4" Doug Fir. An I right about the early ones?

I have a rebuilt 65Hp Lycoming, yes, I know it's the most anemic of the 65 Hp units, curious to know how anemic?

I am going to make our own lumber, most likely frorn Douglas Fir, Hemlock and Grand Fir, we have no good spruce.

Jim

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back