• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Wood Props on Cubs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tgarcia

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

It seems that I finally sold my metal McCauley prop off my cub. I'm ready to go out and buy a brand new Wood prop. I am slowly trying to return my cub to some original equipment. I am currently running a C82-12 with a Flanged Shaft and a McCauley 1A90 with a 44" pitch.

I called Sensenich and they recommended a W72GK-44 or a W72GK-46. I want to know what you guys recommend for the prop. I would rather have a little better short field and climb performance.

Also, what else am I going to have to buy to be able to mount this prop? I know that I need a crush plate for the front. I attached a picture of one that I really liked. Anyone know where I can find one like this?

I guess that I could also mount a small skullcap spinner. What does everyone like?

Also, I was recommended to Tiffin Aire to buy the prop. Any other recomendations?

Thanks for all of the help everyone. I am trying to get all of the mx items done this winter. I am taking off a week to go to Setimental Journey and 2 weeks to go to Oshkosh next year. Just trying to get all of the little things completed.

Tadd

Crush Plate.jpg

Crush Plate.jpg

Crush Plate.jpg

Latest posts

Back