• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

You will also get two J3-Cub decals as well!

Wing tanks without nose tank

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texascubguy

Reaction score
Seeking 337
My 46 J-3 has Aero Fabricators 12 gallon wing tanks installed in each wing, installed by the previous owner and the 337 says installed in accordance with the STC. He flew it that way for years. The problem is, the STC dictated these tanks feed into the stock fuel tank in the nose. This tank has been removed and replaced with a small, probably 3 gallon header tank, which is not legal. I have talked to the engineer at Aero Fabricators and they agree this installation is not legal as installed. I am trying to make the installation legal.
I am seeking a 337 (any date, as per AC 23-27) for the removal of the stock fuel tank and replacing it with a wing tank (of any kind) and 3 gallon header.
Without this, I'll probably just go back to the stock tank and one wing tank. If I do this, is one wing preferable to have the tank in than the other?
46 J-3, C-90-12F, Currently undergoing restoration back to semi-original. Kind-of.
Thanks,
Jim

Latest posts

Back