• J3-Cub.com is the largest community of J3-Cub pilots, owners and enthusiasts. With over 1000 active members, we have fostered a vibrant community and extensive knowledge base. J3-Cub.com hosts a library of over 13 years of technical discussions, J3 data, tutorials, plane builds, guides, technical manuals and more. J3-Cub.com also hosts an extensive library of J3-Cub photos.

Access to the J3-Cub.com community is by subscription only. Membership is only $19.99/year or $3.99/month to gain access to this community and extensive unmatched library of knowledge.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member

Wing Tanks and other parts

greenhorn

Reaction score
Hello Everyone. I am rebuilding a 46 J3 and am in need of some parts. I am getting rid of the nose tank and installing two wing tanks but i need the tanks. So i am looking for two used wing tanks as well as a set of wing struts.

huston marlowe

Reaction score
I'm pretty new to Cubs, having owned one only 6 years. In that time, flying and maintaining and thinking about them I have strongly concluded that they should be restored to bone stock. Mine has a little wing tank and a C-85 and I do enjoy those mods and they are probably accepted by most J3 owners. Removing the firewall tank just makes no sense to me.

JimC

Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the 45+ years that I've been flying J3's I've never developed an urge to keep them stock -- but, I sure do agree with Huston about the wing tank installations and nose tank removal.

turbofan

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The wagaero tank I installed in my wing was perfect and reasonably priced...all of the "fit" worries were out the window when it dropped right in....

robertc

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am getting ready to rebuild the right wing on my PA-11 and I am planing on installing a 11.5 gallon tank in the wing. Do I install and cover with fabric, or put in a tank bay and put on the fuel tank cover like the one on the left side?

turbofan

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the PA12 was the first to utilize the metal cover over the wing tank....cubs and I think the pa11 had fabric but not 100 % sure

cubdriver2

Reaction score
11 has a metal cover, just like an 18

Glenn

Latest posts